On April 21, 1971, Willie Stargell hits three home runs, helping the Pittsburgh Pirates to a 10-2 win over the Atlanta Braves. Stargell, who hit three home runs in a game only 11 days earlier, will set a record for the most home runs in April.
After losing their first playoff appearance to the Mets in 1999, the Diamondbacks win their first postseason series, beating the Cardinals in only their fourth year of existence. Tony Womack’s two-out game-winning hit in the deciding fifth game of the NLDS gives Arizona the 2-1 victory.
October 15, 2001
1950 – At Yankee Stadium, rookie pitcher Whitey Ford, with 9th-inning help from Allie Reynolds, beats Bob Miller and the Philadelphia Phillies, 5 – 2, as the Yankees complete the World Series sweep of the Phillies’ “Whiz Kids.” Jerry Coleman wins the Babe Ruth Award as the Series MVP. The sweep of the Phillies gives the Yankees their 13th World Championship.
October 7, 1950
SS Barry Larkin and 3B Ron Santo are inducted into the Hall of Fame at the annual ceremony held in Cooperstown, NY.
July 22, 2012
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15