On April 23, 1952, New York Giants relief pitcher Hoyt Wilhelm hits a home run in his first major league at-bat. The future Hall of Famer also earns his first victory in a 9-5 win over the Boston Braves. Wilhelm, a notoriously poor hitter, will never hit another home run in a major league game.
Ozzie Guillen, who signed a four-year, $10 million deal with Florida, is introduced before the season’s finale as the club’s new manager, replacing 80 year-old interim Jack McKeon. The outspoken former White Sox skipper is expected, in addition to bringing a better product on the field, to help spark enthusiasm for the team as they start a new era playing in a new ballpark as the Miami Marlins.
September 28, 2011
Rookie Yasiel Puig hits his 7th homer in 20 games and drives in the deciding run in the 8th in leading the Dodgers to a 3 – 1 win over the Giants.
June 24, 2013
December 9, 1977
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- What Shift? hit 'em where they ain't $13.50 – $19.00
- Dodger Stadium 1962 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Los Angeles Dodgers $30.00
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00