On September 15, 1950, Johnny Mize of the New York Yankees sets a major league record by hitting three home runs in a game for the sixth time. In spite of Mize’s six RBIs, the Yankees lose to the Tigers, 9-7…
2016 – The Padres become the first team in major league history to lose their first three games of the season all by shutout. They suffer a 7 – 0 defeat at the hands of the Dodgers that completes a three-game sweep in which they were outscored, 25-0. In his first start in the majors, Japanese veteran Kenta Maeda picks up the win and also hits a homer.
April 6, 2016
Behind Earl Whitehill, the Senators beat the Browns, 9 – 0. Joe Cronin has his second of five consecutive multi-hit games.
June 21, 1933
1937 – Dodger right-hander Fred Frankhouse tosses a rained-shortened (8 2/3 innings) no-hitter, beating the Reds, 5 – 0.
August 27, 1937
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00