On September 21, 1963, Harmon “Killer” Killebrew of the Minnesota Twins ties an American League record by clubbing four home runs in a doubleheader. Killebrew helps Minnesota earn a split against the Boston Red Sox…
Warren Hacker, pitching for Los Angeles (Pacific Coast League), pitches a no-hitter against Seattle, winning, 4 – 0.
September 7, 1951
The Mariners score eight runs in the 11th inning and go on to defeat the Royals, 16 – 9. This ties the American League mark for most runs by a team in the 11th frame, last tied in 1991.
September 8, 2002
With back-to-back homers in the top of the first at Fenway Park, Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris continue their assault on Babe Ruth’s single-season home run record. The game’s decisive hit, however, is a pinch-hit grand slam by Johnny Blanchard with two-out in the ninth-inning which propels the Bronx Bombers past the Red Sox, 11-8.
July 21, 1961
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Exhibition Stadium 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Toronto Blue Jays $18.00
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Memorial Stadium "Legacy" 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00