On September 22, 1925, Ben Paschal of the New York Yankees hits two inside-the-park home runs at spacious Yankee Stadium. Paschal helps the Yankees defeat the Chicago White Sox, 11-6…
The Reds, by hitting five home runs in a 9-7 victory over the Phillies, establish a major league record, homering 14 times in two games. Yesterday, Cincinnati set a National League record by hitting nine homers in their 22-3 rout of the Phillies.
September 5, 1999
In a game against New York at Connie Mack Stadium, a foul ball off the bat of Richie Ashburn breaks the nose of spectator Alice Roth, the wife of an editor for Philadelphia’s Bulletin. During the same at bat, the Phillies leadoff hitter nails her for the second time as she is being carried off on a stretcher.
August 17, 1957
The nickname Cubs is coined by the Chicago Daily News, when an unbylined column notes that manager Frank Selee will devote his strongest efforts on the team work of the new “Cubs” this year. In time, the Cubs will replace the Colts as the nickname for the Chicago National League club.
March 27, 1902
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Arlington Stadium 1972 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Texas Rangers $18.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- Memorial Stadium "Legacy" 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47