On September 22, 1925, Ben Paschal of the New York Yankees hits two inside-the-park home runs at spacious Yankee Stadium. Paschal helps the Yankees defeat the Chicago White Sox, 11-6…
2005 – Thousands attend a victory rally near City Hall to celebrate the Astros’ first pennant in their 43-year history. Getting swept in the World Series did little to dampen the enthusiasm. Owner Drayton McLane says “give us one more year” to bring a World Championship to Houston.
October 15, 2019
In a battle of Boston collegians, Harvard beats Boston College. Charlie Devens, former Harvard hurler, makes his major league debut for the Yankees and beats Boston, 8 – 2. The loss goes to Ed Gallagher, former Boston College pitcher who exits in the 5th. Babe Ruth swats his 41st homer of the year in the 9th and Lou Gehrig belts his 34th in the 5th.
September 24, 1932
The Chicago White Sox sign injured free agent outfielder Bo Jackson to a one-year contract worth $700,000. The Kansas City Royals had released Jackson on March 15th, citing his inability to play baseball due to a football-related hip injury.
April 3, 1991
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams