On February 16 1900 — 1900 – Washington sells eight players, including home run king Buck Freeman and P Bill Dinneen going to Boston, then disbands. Baltimore players are to be transferred to the Brooklyn Superbas and syndicate baseball will be ended.
About The Author
The Cards put off the Giants’ flag conquest by attacking Carl Hubbell in the 8th to win, 4 – 3. Tex Carleton is the winner when Leo Durocher drives home the last run with a triple.
September 18, 1933
1906 – Without a single assist registered by his Reds teammates, Bob Ewing beats the Phillies, 10 – 3.
July 22, 1906
Lou Gehrig steals home in a 4 – 0 Yankee win over the Tigers. It is his 15th and last steal of home, all of which were double steals.
May 15, 1935
In a marathon of a game, the Tabasco Olmecas top the Veracruz Rojo Aguilas in a 23-inning, 7-hour, 34-minute game that starts at 8:01 PM the previous night and ends at 3:35 this morning. The score is 5 – 5 after 7 innings, neither team scoring again until the 23rd in a game that begins at 96 degrees and only cools off to 80 by the time of its early-morning ending. Tabasco outfielder Christian Quintero throws out Jonathan Herrera at home in the 22nd. In the 23rd, Uriak Marquez singles off Misael Nunez (making his Mexican League debut) to score Adrian Gutierrez with the winner. Angel Araiza gets the victory with six shutout frames of relief. The game ties two others (from 1977 and 2001) as the longest in the league’s history in terms of innings.
May 18, 2016
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00