On February 14 1917 — Dave Fultz, president of the Players Fraternity, calls off a strike set to begin within the week. One of demands of the union is to abolish the ten-day clause, in which a team ceases to pay an injured player after he has been out of action for ten days. Organized Baseball officially severs relations with the union, leaving the players without representation.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Joe Morgan receives four votes for National League Rookie of the Year, finishing a distant second to the Dodgers’ Jim Lefebvre. Morgan bats .271 with 14 homers and 20 steals in his first full season in Houston.
November 26, 1965
After being given his last rites, Joe DiMaggio makes a miraculous recovery defying the doctors’ dire predictions. He will live another four months.
December 12, 1998
Shades of the 1980s ? The Royals take over first place in the AL Central with an 11 – 4 win over the Tigers as they batter Max Scherzer for 10 runs in 4 innings on their way to their 9th straight win. The Royals had not been in first place this late in a season since 2003, when they managed to ride a surprise strong start to a freakish winning record, although they finished well out of the postseason picture.
June 17, 2014
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99