On August 13, 1937 — 1937 – The Hellenic Societies of Chicago hold a day for Alex Kampouris of the visiting Reds. He gets a car, and the Cubs get a 22 – 6 win, as Kampouris makes 3 errors and fans twice.
The Expos reveal their new mascot named Souki, an odd looking character wearing an Expos uniform below a giant baseball head that has antennae. The Mr. Met-like figure, whose rights sells for fifty dollars, will be released after one season, after proving to be unpopular with the fans due to his strange looks and quirky behavior.
April 4, 1978
On the first anniversary of his perfect game, Matt Cain has another great outing, allowing only two hits in seven innings as the Giants shut out the Pirates, 10 – 0. He is perfect through four innings before Garrett Jonessingles to lead off the 5th. Gregor Blanco and Buster Posey both have three hits and two RBIs for San Francisco.
June 13, 2013
1903 – In Philadelphia, Boston pitcher “Long” Tom Hughes goes long over the LF fence to win his own game against the A’s, 4 – 2.
August 27, 1903
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Busch Stadium 1953 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- Exhibition Stadium 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Toronto Blue Jays $18.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00