On February 11 1950 — 1950 – Hall of Fame outfielder Hazen (Kiki) Cuyler dies in Ann Arbor, Michigan, at the age of 50. Considered an outstanding defensive player and baserunner, Cuyler was a .321 hitter with 2,299 hits and 328 stolen bases during an 18-year career. At the time of his death, Cuyler was serving as a coach for the Boston Red Sox.
With his fourth hit of the game, a single off LA’s southpaw Tim Fortugno, George Brett collects his 3000th hit of his career. The Royals’ third baseman’s celebration of the milestone moment is short-lived when he is picked off and tagged by first baseman Gary Gaetti after stepping off the base to savor the accomplishment.
September 30, 1992
Michael Conforto becomes the third player to accomplish the World Series Triple Crown, playing in the Little League World Series (2004 Redmond LL, WA), the College World Series (2013 Oregon State) and the MLB World Series (2015 Mets). The two other major leaguers who have participated in the rare event are Jason Varitek (1984 Altamonte Springs LL, FL, 1994 Georgia Tech, and the 2004 Red Sox) and Ed Vosberg (1973 Tucson LL, AZ, 1980 University of Arizona, and the 1997 Marlins).
October 27, 2015
November 2, 1999
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00