On June 20, 1967 – The Phillies’ Larry Jackson gives up just one hit, a 2nd-inning double to Tommy Davis, in topping the Mets, 4 – 0.
November 7, 1938
2018 – The Brisbane Bandits win their third straight Australian Baseball League title. In the 2017-2018 finals, they face the Canberra Cavalry in a winner-take-all Game 3. Travis Blackley allows one hit in six shutout innings for the win while #9 hitter Adam Weisenburger hits a three-run homer and Mitch Nilsson adds a solo shot in the 4 – 2 victory.
February 11, 2018
On a frigid Sunday afternoon, Rick Sutcliffe adds to the wind chill, striking out 11 batters in the Cubs’ 8-3 win over Pittsburgh. Despite a temperature of 33 degrees, along with a stiff breeze making it feel like eight above, 11,387 fans brave the elements to watch the right-hander’s complete-game effort at Wrigley Field.
April 9, 1989
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50