On June 20, 1967 – The Phillies’ Larry Jackson gives up just one hit, a 2nd-inning double to Tommy Davis, in topping the Mets, 4 – 0.
2006 – Craig Biggio adds to his illustrious credentials in a 6-5 triumph over the Marlins. His first-inning double gives him 606 in his career to become tenth all-time in that category. Later, he scores his 1700th run, 24th all-time in that department. He is two hits shy of the 2800 plateau. Lance Berkman and Preston Wilson supply the muscle with two-run homers to support Wandy Rodriguez.
October 19, 2019
The Red Sox split a pair with the visiting A’s‚ winning, 6 – 4, before losing, 3 – 0. It is the Sox’s last Sunday game at Braves Field. With the lifting of the ban against playing Sunday ball at Fenway Park (because of a nearby church)‚ the Sox will play a Sunday game there July 3rd.
May 29, 1932
2007 – Ryan Howard strikes out against John Smoltz in the 3rd inning of the Phillies-Braves contest. It is his 196th strikeout of the season, breaking Adam Dunn’s 3-year-old major league record.
September 27, 2007
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- Dodger Stadium 1962 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Los Angeles Dodgers $30.00
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00