On February 5 2011 — 2011 – Obregón defeats Toros del Este, 6 – 3, to move to 3 and 1 in the 2011 Caribbean Series and take the overall lead in the tournament. Jorge Vazquez hits a three-run homer in the top of the 9th for the winners. In the other game, Caguas takes advantage of wildness by Anzoátegui’s Jean Toledo, scoring twice on bases-loaded walks in the top of the 10th inning. The Puerto Ricans win, 4 – 2, in a game that goes on until 3 AM after starting two hours late as a result of a rain delay in the opener.
On Opening Day at the newly-named Crosley Field, Reds’ announcer Red Barber calls his first play-by-play for a major league team. The 26 year-old future Hall of Fame broadcaster had never attended a major league game before today’s 6-0 loss to Chicago.
April 17, 1934
2005 – The Baseball-Reference Bullpen is launched on-line by Sean Forman as a complement to the seminal Baseball-Reference.com, four days after the creation of its first pages.
July 25, 2006
Willie Kirkland whacks his 5th home run in three games to help the Cleveland Indians down the Los Angeles Angels, 7 – 5 at Cleveland. His first four were in consecutive at bats before and after the All-Star break and tied the major league record. He now has 16 en route to 27 for the year.
July 14, 1961
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Tiger Stadium 1918 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Detroit Tigers $18.00
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50
- San Diego Stadium 1969 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Diego Padres $18.00