On February 6 2019 — 2019 – The Toros de Herrera, representing host country Panama, win their second straight game at the 2019 Caribbean Series, defeating Santurce of Puerto Rico, 8 – 7. Trailing 6 – 1 after 6 innings, the Toros score 4 runs in the 7th and complete the comeback with 3 more in the 9th, highlighted by a two-run double by pinch-hitter Jilton Calderon. Manny Corpas records the save as Puerto Rico scores once in the bottom of the frame. In the opening game, the Cardenales de Lara of Venezuela also notch their second win, defeating Las Tunas of Cuba, 1 – 0, behind a strong pitching performance by Wilfredo Boscan who allows just 3 hits in 6 2/3 innings but leaves with the game still scoreless. Alejandro De Aza drives in the game’s only run with a sacrifice fly in the 7th, and reliever Alexis Rivero receives credit for the win.
1979 – Houston sweeps the Braves, 4-3 and 6-2, to move five games ahead of second-place Cincinnati. Atlanta knuckleballer Phil Niekro ties major league marks with four wild pitches in one inning and six for the game. The Astros also set a team record for a nine-inning game by stranding 16 runners in the opener.
October 15, 2019
With one out to go, the Giants’ Scott Garrelts loses a no-hitter when the Reds’ Paul O’Neill singles. Garrelts finishes with a 4 – 0 one-hit win.
July 28, 1990
The Royals snap their 19-game losing streak, beating the A’s in Oakland, 2-1. The skid ends two games shy of the American League record of 21 straight defeats established by the Orioles in 1988.
August 20, 2005
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams