On June 21, 2011 33,533 fans wear sunglasses after dark as a stunt at the Rangers-Astros game, a Guinness World Record.
Ageless Satchel Paige signs with Portland (Pacific Coast League). In 25 innings for the Beavers, he will have a 2.88 ERA.
August 24, 1961
2B Max Bishop and 3B Sammy Hale, the first two men in the A’s batting order, draw 8 of the 9 walks issued by New York pitchers in the A’s 10 – 3 win. A .271 hitter for 12 years, “Camera Eye” Bishop will draw 1,153 bases on balls, giving him a walk percentage of .204, which is higher than Babe Ruth’s and just behind Ted Williams’s .207.
June 30, 1924
In the fifth inning of Florida’s loss 4-3 to Washington, Miguel Cabrera singles off Shawn Hill to drive home Hanley Ramirez for his 500th career RBI. The Marlin third baseman reaches the milestone at the age of 24 years and 139 days, with only Hall of Famers Mel Ott (23, 74 days) and Ted Williams (24 years, 4 days) getting to the mark at a younger age.
September 4, 2007
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition