ON July 12, 1962 – Exactly one month after accomplishing the feat for the first time, the Aaron brothers both homer again in the same game, giving Milwaukee an exciting 8-6 victory over St. Louis at County Stadium. Behind 6-3 going into the bottom of the ninth, Tommie’s solo shot cuts the deficit to two runs, and his older sibling Hank seals the deal four batters later with a walk-off grand slam.
Rabbit Maranville gets a 10-day leave from the Navy and hits .316 in 11 games for the Braves before going back to sea.
July 7, 1918
In the inaugural season of divisional play, the Mets clinch the first-ever National League East title. Gary Gentry fires a four-hitter, blanking the Cardinals, 6-0, in front of a frenzied Shea Stadium crowd, which spills onto the field en masse after the game to celebrate their team’s amazing accomplishment.
September 24, 1969
1883 – Both of the New York Major League clubs will play simultaneously at the Polo Grounds. Their fields will be separated by an 8-foot fence.
January 13, 1883
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Hall of Fame Package $149.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00