On May 7, 2016, Aaron Hill has a three-homer game, the last one being a grand slam in a seven-run 10th inning, as Milwaukee defeats the Reds, 13 – 7. Hill matches a team record with 7 RBIs in the game.
About The Author
Brooklyn hurler Nap Rucker loses a no-hitter with two outs in the 9th inning when Cincinnati’s Bob Bescher comes through with a hit. Rucker wins the game, 1 – 0, outpitching Frank Smith, who gives up two hits and an unearned run. The Reds set a major-league record for nine innings by going to bat just 24 times (it will be topped in the American League and tied twice in the National League this century) and the two teams combine for just 48 at bats, to tie a major-league record set April 22, 1910.
July 22, 1911
2001 – The major league owners vote unanimously to extend commissioner Bud Selig’s contract through 2006.
November 27, 2001
For the second time in two years – the first was on May 25, 1908 – Bill Burns has a no-hitter broken up with two outs in the 9th, when Washington’s Otis Clymer singles. But Burns and the White Sox win, 1 – 0, besting Walter Johnson in the first of two games. Burns is the only pitcher to suffer this fate twice, until Dave Stieb of Toronto does on September 24 and 30, 1988.
July 31, 1909
The Upton brothers, playing together for the Braves, stun the Cubs. With Atlanta trailing 5 – 4, B.J. Upton leads off the bottom of the 9th with a homer off Carlos Marmol, and two batters later, Justin Upton hits a walk-off blast to give the Braves a 6 – 5 win, his second long ball of the game. They are the first pair of brothers to homer in the same inning since Billyand Cal Ripken did so for Baltimore in 1996.
April 6, 2013
Subscribe to our Podcast
The Daily Rewind
on Apples Podcast | Spotify | Google | StitcherAnd connect with us wherever else you listen to Podcast and hangout!
All Time Greats -
Classic Ball Parks
All Time Teams
Boston Red Sox, Brooklyn Dodgers, New York Giants, New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs, St Louis Cardinals, search all teams
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Mickey Mantle turns 89 - Listen to him and his 500th homerunOn October 20, 1931 -- Mickey Mantle, the 'Commerce Comet', is born in Spavinaw, Oklahoma. The newborn's dad, a lead miner known as Mutt, names his son after Mickey Cochrane, not realizing the major league catcher's real name is not Mickey but Gordon. The future Yankee outfielder is glad his father was not aware of […]
- Miracle Mets Win it ALL - Full Game BroadcastUninterrupted full game broadcast of the New York Mets and the Baltimore Orioles. Game 5 of the 1969 World Series. Dave McNally shut out the Mets through five innings and helped himself with a two-run homer in the third inning. Frank Robinson homered in the inning as well, and the Orioles looked to be cruising with a […]
- Bob Gibson wills the Cardinals to the 1964 World ChampionshipOctober 15, 1964 - Bob Gibson pitches on 2 days rest against Mel Stottlemyre a rematch from Game 2. Stottlemyre is 1 of 2 players over 9 Post Starts that was able to beat Gibson. Prior to the start of Game Seven of the 1964 World Series, Cardinals starter Bob Gibson grudgingly obliged the press by posing […]
- Koufax faces the Twins on 2 Days Rest Game 7 1965 World SeriesOctober 14, 1965 - Game 7 1965 World Series. Sandy Koufax throws a 3 hit shutout on 2 days rest. After walking 2 in the 1st he tells catcher John Roseboro my arm is sore I can’t throw the curve. We’ll just blow them away.. Dodger manager Walt Alston was torn between starting Drysdale […]
- Maz Walks it off - Game 7 1960 World Series Yankees vs Pirates Full Radio Broadcast October 13October 13, 1960 -- With the World Series between the Yankees and Pirates knotted at 3 games apiece, Game 7 at Pittsburgh's cavernous Forbes Field would provide one of the most dramatic home runs in World Series history. In the top of the 9th, with a 9-7 lead, the Pirates sent eighteen game winner Bob […]
- After missing a sign Bob Robertson delivers a 3 run HR 1971 World SeriesOn October 12, 1971 The Baltimore Orioles took the first games of the World Series out scoring the Pittsburgh Pirates 16-6. Game 3 shifted to Three Rivers Stadium and with Steve Blass available, The Pirates were up 2-1 in the Bottom of the 7th as Frank Robinson had just homered to make it a one run game for the […]
- The Chairman of the Board Whitey Ford on Tops in Sports"If the World Series was on the line and I could pick one pitcher to pitch the game, I'd choose Whitey Ford every time." - Mickey Mantle Generally considered to be the greatest starting pitcher in the history of the New York Yankees, Whitey Ford was among the premier hurlers of his time. A fierce […]
- Jackie Robinson's last hit - a walk off vs the New York YankeesOn October 9, 1956 --In a 10-inning scoreless pitching duel with both starters going all the way, Jackie Robinson's walk-off single to left in the bottom of the 10th won the game for Clem Labine and kept the Dodgers' championship hopes alive. Tough-luck loser Bob Turley gave up a 10th-inning walk to Jim Gilliam, a […]
- Game 6 1934 World Series - Paul Dean faces School Boy RoweOn October 8, 1934 At Navin Field the St Louis Cardinals Paul Dean won his second game of the series, Dean pitched a complete game 7 hitter, he will go 2-0 in his only World Series appearance. The Tiger's came into the game up 3 games to 2 and pitched ace Schoolboy Rowe who had […]
- Lew Burdette faces off vs Whitey Ford Game 5 1957 World SeriesWhitey Ford and Lew Burdette, facing each other, Game 5 was expected to be a low-scoring affair. However, the game started out with the Yankees looking to score in the first inning. After a leadoff single by Hank Bauer and a sacrifice bunt by Tony Kubek, Gil McDougald hit a line drive that turned into […]
- 1981 World Series Final Out - LA Dodgers ROY Steve Howe gets New York Yankee Bob Watson to fly out October 22, 2020
- Will McEnaney records the final out when Roy White flies out 1976 World Series October 22, 2020
- Tug McGraw strikes out Willie Wilson to close out 1980 World Series October 22, 2020
- Carlton Fisk walks off vs the Red's Game 6 1975 World Series October 22, 2020
- Mickey Mantle turns 89 - Listen to him and his 500th homerun October 20, 2020
- Lance Berkman delivers 3 run shot in NLCS to give Astros lead in bottom 7th October 18, 2020
- October 16 1962 World Series Game 7 New York Yankees at New York Giants Ralph Terry vs Jack Sanford October 17, 2020
- Rick Wise hits a homerun and pitches a no hitter 1971 October 16, 2020
- Miracle Mets Win it ALL - Full Game Broadcast October 16, 2020
- Final outs of the 1970 World Series - Baltimore vs Reds October 16, 2020