On September 5, 2007, Alex Rodriguez hit two homers in the Yankees eight-run seventh inning to pass Mel Ott and tie Ernie Banks and Eddie Mathews for 17th on the all-time homer list at 512. Rodriguez, suffering from a sore ankle, didn’t let the injury bother him as he belted the 47th and 48th home runs of the campaign.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Mariner Ken Griffey Jr. homers in his eighth straight game to tie a major league record held by Dale Long (1956) and Don Mattingly (1987). In tomorrow’s game, Junior will barely miss breaking the record as he hits a long double off the right-center field wall at the Kingdome.
July 28, 1993
Wade Boggs of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays becomes the first major leaguer to hit a home run for his 3,000th hit
August 7, 1999
August 17, 1966
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Baker Bowl 1887 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00