On March 6, 1987, prized free agent Andre Dawson signs a one-year contract with the Chicago Cubs worth $650,000. The former Montreal Expos’ star had previously offered to sign a “blank check” contract with Chicago.
The Astros obtain Art Howe from the Pittsburgh Pirates to complete a deal the previous month for infielder Tommy Helms. The versatile Howe is instrumental in Houston’s first division title and later manages the team for five seasons.
January 6, 1976
March 15, 1991
August 31, 1992
August 20, 1916
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00