On June 25, 1937, Augie Galan of the Chicago Cubs becomes the first player in National League history to switch-hit home runs in the same game. Galan’s two home runs help the Cubs defeat the Brooklyn Dodgers, 11-2. James “Tex” Carleton pitches a five-hitter for Chicago…
Willie McCovey of the San Francisco Giants hits his 513th home run, off Dennis Lamp, establishing him as the National League all-time left-handed home run leader, but the Chicago Cubs beat the Giants, 8 – 6, at Candlestick Park.
June 14, 1979
Eric Davis becomes the 22nd player in Series history to hit a home run in his first World Series at-bat
October 16, 1990
Ken Griffey Jr. hits his 200th home run as a member of the Cincinnati Reds. He becomes the fourth player in major league history to hit 300 for one team and 200 with another. Preceding him are Mark McGwire, Rafael Palmeiro and Jimmie Foxx.
May 22, 2008
September 24, 1919
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Busch Stadium 1953 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00