May 7, 2011
A’s outfielder Whitey Herzog hits into a triple play when his line drive is snagged on the mound by Pedro Ramos, who tosses it to first baseman Julio Becquer to double up the runner, and the third out of the play is made by relaying the ball to shortstop Jose Valdivielso getting the runner returning to second base. The three outs in the 8-3 loss to the Senators mark the first all-Cuban triple killing in major league history.
July 23, 1960
Reds’ slugger Ken Griffey Jr. hits a home run in his forty-third ballpark to tie the major league record also held by Fred McGriff. Junior, who has homered in every existing ballpark, goes deep twice in the new Busch Stadium, including a ninth inning three-run game winner off Jason Isringhausen in Cincinnati’s 8-7 victory over the Redbirds.
June 5, 2006
Twenty year-old Lew Krausse Sr., in his final major league appearance, shuts out the Red Sox in the nightcap of a twin bill at Philadelphia’s Shibe Park, 15-0. In 1961, 18 year-old Lew Krausse Jr., in his major league debut, blanks the Angels 4-0, giving the father-son duo back-to-back shutouts twenty-nine years apart.
September 2, 1932
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- The 50 Greatest Players in Pittsburgh Pirates History $30.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00