On July 17, 1914, Babe Adams of the Pittsburgh Pirates and Rube Marquard of the New York Giants engage in a 21-inning pitching duel. Marquard wins, 3-1.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
October 1, 1974
Tom Seaver becomes the first major league pitcher to reach the 200-strikeout plateau in eight consecutive seasons
September 1, 1975
New York Mets right-hander Dwight Gooden sets a National League record for most strikeouts by a rookie
September 7, 1984
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Arlington Stadium 1972 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Texas Rangers $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00