On July 13, 1934, In front of 20,000 fans during the 3rd inning at Navin Field in Detroit, Babe Ruth slams the 700th home run of his career. The blast, which victimizes right-hander Tommy Bridges, helps the New York Yankees to a 4-2 win over the Detroit Tigers and puts the Bronx Bombers back into first place, but Lou Gehrig is helped off the field in the 1st inning with a severe bout of lumbago.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Carlos Baerga of the Cleveland Indians becomes the first player to switch-hit home runs in the same inning
April 8, 1993
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Municipal Stadium 1955 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Kansas City A's $18.00
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- Three Rivers Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00