On August 4, 1960, Billy Martin of the Cincinnati Reds charges the mound and punches Chicago Cubs’ pitcher Jim Brewer after nearly being hit with a pitch. Martin breaks Brewer’s cheekbone, prompting a $1 million lawsuit by the Cubs.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Pedro Guerrero throws his bat at David Cone after being hit by a pitch in the Dodgers’ 5 – 2 loss to the Mets. He will be suspended for four games by National League president Bart Giamatti.
May 22, 1988
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Kauffman Stadium 1973 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Kansas City Royals $30.00
- Candlestick Park 1960 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your San Francisco Giants $18.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47