On May 12, 1969, St. Louis Cardinals fireballer Bob Gibson becomes the seventh pitcher in National League history to strike out the side on nine pitches. Gibson does the trick against the Los Angeles Dodgers, as part of a 6-2 win for the Redbirds.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
April 24, 1962
Atlanta Braves set a major league record by using five relief pitchers in the ninth inning of their game against the St. Louis Cardinals
July 22, 1968
August 10, 1944
April 22, 1970
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- Anaheim Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Los Angeles Angels $18.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00