On October 27, 2004, the Boston Red Sox end their 86-year drought, winning the World Series in a sweep over the St. Louis Cardinals. The Sox win Game Four, 3-0, behind the pitching of Derek Lowe and three relievers. Manny Ramirez is named Most Valuable Player.
The Philadelphia Phillies win their first-ever World Series game behind Grover Cleveland Alexander, 3 – 1
October 8, 1915
The Chicago White Sox lose the second game of the World Series, 4 – 2, to the Cincinnati Reds. Lefty Williams, one of eight Sox players involved in a Series-fixing scandal, walks three men in the fourth inning. After the game, he is confronted and attacked by Sox catcher Ray Schalk.
October 2, 1919
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99