On November 15, 1982, Cal Ripken, Jr. of the Baltimore Orioles is named the American League’s MVP. Ripken, who led the league in hits and runs scored, becomes the first player to win the MVP and Rookie of the Year awards in back-to-back seasons.
At Dodger Stadium, Vladimir Guerrero hit his 226th career home run, breaking Andre Dawson’s club record. The Expos’ right fielder hits his milestone round-tripper off Odalis Perez, a 454-foot blast over left field wall.
July 21, 2003
In one of baseball’s most memorable pitching duels, Giants’ right-hander Juan Marichal and the Braves’ southpaw Warren Spahn both hurl 15 scoreless innings before Willie Mays ends the marathon contest with a homer off Spahnie in the bottom of the 16th giving San Francisco a 1-0 win.
July 2, 1963
December 21, 1992
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00
- Griffith Stadium 1911 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Senators $18.00
- Three Rivers Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00