On May 27, 1937, Carl Hubbell earns his 24th consecutive victory as the New York Giants defeat the Cincinnati Reds, 3-2. Hubbell wins the game in relief when Mel Ott belts a ninth-inning home run.
Reds starter Jim Maloney, who strikes out 18 batters, no-hits the Mets for ten innings, but loses 1-0 when Johnny Lewis connects for a homer in the eleventh in the Crosley Field contest. In August at Wrigley Field, the right-hander will once again give up no hits through the first nine innings, but this time will record a no-hitter when his teammate Leo Cardenas connects in the top of the tenth, providing the only run in Cincinnati’s 1-0 victory over Chicago.
June 14, 1965
August 18, 1977
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Shea Stadium 1964 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your New York Mets $18.00
- Plate Create $45.00
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- Metropolitan Stadium 1961 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Minnesota Twins $18.00
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00