On April 12, 1980, Cecil Cooper and Don Money of the Milwaukee Brewers each hit second inning grand slams against the Boston Red Sox. The base-clearing home runs lead the Brewers to an 18-1 win…
His body temperature having soared to 108 degrees, Orioles 23-year-old pitching prospect Steve Bechler dies of multi-organ failure after a spring training workout yesterday. Early speculation is the expectant father’s death may have been caused by ephedrine, a dietary supplement linked to heat stroke and heart attacks.
February 17, 2003
Bob Moose, giving the Pirates their third win in two days against the eventual world champs, no-hits the first-place Mets at Shea Stadium, 4-0. The 21 year-old right-hander will compile a 14-3 record with a 2.91 ERA for the third-place Bucs this season.
September 20, 1969
Pete Rose, in the eighth inning of the Reds’ 8-3 win at Atlanta Stadium, clinches the National League batting title when he beats out a bunt to third base for a hit in his last at-bat of the season. The day starts with the Cincinnati right fielder tied with Pirates outfielder Roberto Clemente, who goes 3-for-4 against Montreal but finishes .005 of a point behind (.3447 to .3452) the eventual all-time hits leader.
October 2, 1969
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Busch Stadium 1953 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00