On April 3, 1987, the Chicago Cubs trade seemingly over-the-hill pitcher Dennis Eckersley to the Oakland A’s for three minor leaguers. Eckersley will emerge as the game’s dominant closer, saving 291 games over the next eight seasons, and earning election to the Hall of Fame in 2004.
2015 – Astros deal outfielder Dexter Fowler to the Cubs for infielder Luis Valbuena and pitcher Dan Straily. Valbuena belts 25 homers while splitting time between third base and first base that season.
October 19, 2019
December 7, 1973
December 14, 1976
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10