On April 3, 1987, the Chicago Cubs trade seemingly over-the-hill pitcher Dennis Eckersley to the Oakland A’s for three minor leaguers. Eckersley will emerge as the game’s dominant closer, saving 291 games over the next eight seasons, and earning election to the Hall of Fame in 2004.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
November 28, 2005
First baseman Glenn Davis is traded to Baltimore for outfielder Steve Finley and pitchers Curt Schilling and Pete Harnisch. Davis would suffer a spring injury and never play effectively for the Orioles. All three players Houston acquired would later become stars although not so much for what they did while wearing Astro stars and stripes.
January 10, 1991
December 11, 1975
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Plate Create $45.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- Riverfront Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Cincinnati Reds $18.00