On October 3, 1926 Thirty years before Don Larsen would accomplish the feat, Claude “Red” Grier of the Atlantic City Bacharach Giants pitches a post-season no-hitter against the Chicago American Giants, walking six and striking out eight in Baltimore’s Maryland Park. Grier had been shelled in the 2nd inning of Game 2 the day before, but has no trouble today, winning 10 – 0.
Veterans Committee elects slugger Johnny Mize and Negro Leagues pioneer Rube Foster to the Hall of Fame
March 11, 1981
1969 – Bob Moose of the Pittsburgh Pirates pitches a 4 – 0 no-hitter against the New York Mets at Shea Stadium.
September 20, 1969
April 27, 1968
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- The Hidden Fan $21.50 – $29.00
- Pirates By the Numbers: A Complete Team History of the Bucs By Uniform Number $14.99
- This Day In Baseball Mug