On July 3, 1968, Cleveland Indians right-hander Luis Tiant strikes out 19 Minnesota Twins batters in 10 innings. Tiant allows only six hits and no walks in winning the extra inning game, 1-0.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Al Jackson goes the distance in the Mets’ 15-inning loss to Philadelphia. The hard-luck lefty, who throws an astounding 215 pitches during the contest, gives up only six hits, but third baseman Mel Roach, who entered the game in the 11th inning as a pinch-hitter, strokes a two-run single in the fifteenth frame that proves be the difference in his 3-1 defeat at the Polo Grounds.
August 14, 1962
October 3, 2012
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Polo Grounds 1890 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the New York Giants $18.00
- Busch Stadium 1953 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Plate Create $45.00
- Tiger Stadium 1918 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Detroit Tigers $18.00