On October 2, 1920, Clyde Barnhart becomes the only player in big league history to collect hits in three games in one day. With his Pirates facing the Reds in the only tripleheader in history, Barnhart collected two hits in game one, and one hit in each of the other two games.
April 20, 2015
Steve Garvey of the Los Angeles Dodgers ties a major league record by collecting five extra-base hits in a single game
August 28, 1977
October 9, 1910
10/3/1976 On the last day of the season, Kansas City’s George Brett and Hal McRae and Minnesota’s Rod Carew are separated by .001 for the batting title. Brett, who goes 3-for-4 , edges his Royals teammate (.333 vs .332) for the American League crown with the deciding hit, an inside-the-park home run, being a misplayed line drive, leading McRae to believe the lack of effort was intentional.
October 3, 1976
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- The Astrodome 1965 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Houston Astros $18.00
- Metropolitan Stadium 1961 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Minnesota Twins $18.00
- Plate Create $45.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50