On June 21, 2016 Dean Kremer becomes the first-ever Israeli to sign a contract with a Major League baseball team when he comes to terms with the Dodgers, after being selected in the annual amateur draft earlier this month. The 20 year-old right-hander, who won Europe’s Most Valuable Pitcher award in both 2014 and 2015, has hurled for Israel’s national baseball team for the past three seasons.
“I told him to quit threatening me. If he wants me to go, make the move – don’t wait. I can’t take it any longer” – GENE MICHAEL, speaking to the press about his relationship with George Steinbrenner. Calling it the most the ”most agonizing” decision he has made as the owner of the Yankees, George Steinbrenner fires Gene Michael and replaces him with Bob Lemon. The former skipper’s demise was prompted by his comments to the press concerning his inability to no longer tolerate the Boss’s constant threats of dismissal, and for his refusal to apologize for the August 28th remarks.
September 6, 1981
The Twins are looking into the possibility of playing a home series outdoors in a temporary stadium next season. The move away from the Metrodome, which would require approval of Major League Baseball, the Players’ Association, the opponents, broadcast affiliates and the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, will not materialize.
July 16, 2000
The Dodgers announce their new general will be Zaidi Farhan, the former Director of Baseball Operations and assistant GM of the A’s. The MIT graduate, the first Muslim to hold the position for any American professional sports franchise, joins the team’s overhauled front office, which also includes the recent hired Andrew Friedman as the president of baseball operations and Josh Byrnes as the senior vice president of baseball operations.
November 6, 2014
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Mickey Mantle turns 89 - Listen to him and his 500th homerunOn October 20, 1931 -- Mickey Mantle, the 'Commerce Comet', is born in Spavinaw, Oklahoma. The newborn's dad, a lead miner known as Mutt, names his son after Mickey Cochrane, not realizing the major league catcher's real name is not Mickey but Gordon. The future Yankee outfielder is glad his father was not aware of […]
- Miracle Mets Win it ALL - Full Game BroadcastUninterrupted full game broadcast of the New York Mets and the Baltimore Orioles. Game 5 of the 1969 World Series. Dave McNally shut out the Mets through five innings and helped himself with a two-run homer in the third inning. Frank Robinson homered in the inning as well, and the Orioles looked to be cruising with a […]
- Bob Gibson wills the Cardinals to the 1964 World ChampionshipOctober 15, 1964 - Bob Gibson pitches on 2 days rest against Mel Stottlemyre a rematch from Game 2. Stottlemyre is 1 of 2 players over 9 Post Starts that was able to beat Gibson. Prior to the start of Game Seven of the 1964 World Series, Cardinals starter Bob Gibson grudgingly obliged the press by posing […]
- Koufax faces the Twins on 2 Days Rest Game 7 1965 World SeriesOctober 14, 1965 - Game 7 1965 World Series. Sandy Koufax throws a 3 hit shutout on 2 days rest. After walking 2 in the 1st he tells catcher John Roseboro my arm is sore I can’t throw the curve. We’ll just blow them away.. Dodger manager Walt Alston was torn between starting Drysdale […]
- Maz Walks it off - Game 7 1960 World Series Yankees vs Pirates Full Radio Broadcast October 13October 13, 1960 -- With the World Series between the Yankees and Pirates knotted at 3 games apiece, Game 7 at Pittsburgh's cavernous Forbes Field would provide one of the most dramatic home runs in World Series history. In the top of the 9th, with a 9-7 lead, the Pirates sent eighteen game winner Bob […]
- After missing a sign Bob Robertson delivers a 3 run HR 1971 World SeriesOn October 12, 1971 The Baltimore Orioles took the first games of the World Series out scoring the Pittsburgh Pirates 16-6. Game 3 shifted to Three Rivers Stadium and with Steve Blass available, The Pirates were up 2-1 in the Bottom of the 7th as Frank Robinson had just homered to make it a one run game for the […]
- The Chairman of the Board Whitey Ford on Tops in Sports"If the World Series was on the line and I could pick one pitcher to pitch the game, I'd choose Whitey Ford every time." - Mickey Mantle Generally considered to be the greatest starting pitcher in the history of the New York Yankees, Whitey Ford was among the premier hurlers of his time. A fierce […]
- Jackie Robinson's last hit - a walk off vs the New York YankeesOn October 9, 1956 --In a 10-inning scoreless pitching duel with both starters going all the way, Jackie Robinson's walk-off single to left in the bottom of the 10th won the game for Clem Labine and kept the Dodgers' championship hopes alive. Tough-luck loser Bob Turley gave up a 10th-inning walk to Jim Gilliam, a […]
- Game 6 1934 World Series - Paul Dean faces School Boy RoweOn October 8, 1934 At Navin Field the St Louis Cardinals Paul Dean won his second game of the series, Dean pitched a complete game 7 hitter, he will go 2-0 in his only World Series appearance. The Tiger's came into the game up 3 games to 2 and pitched ace Schoolboy Rowe who had […]
- Lew Burdette faces off vs Whitey Ford Game 5 1957 World SeriesWhitey Ford and Lew Burdette, facing each other, Game 5 was expected to be a low-scoring affair. However, the game started out with the Yankees looking to score in the first inning. After a leadoff single by Hank Bauer and a sacrifice bunt by Tony Kubek, Gil McDougald hit a line drive that turned into […]
- Game 3 NLCS 1980 11th inning Denny Walling walks off vs Tug McGraw Radio Call December 2, 2020
- Sixto Lezcano hits a grandslam on opening day becoming the only player to do it twice November 28, 2020
- Milwaukee Braves vs New York Mets Full Radio Broadcast May 11 1962 November 28, 2020
- Casey Stengel manages his 3000th Game - Full Radio Broadcast November 21, 2020
- 1988 World Series Game 5 Final out Orel Hershiser vs Tony Phillips November 13, 2020
- 1987 World Series Final Out Frank Viola vs Willie McGee November 13, 2020
- 1986 World Series Boston Red Sox at New York Mets Final Out November 11, 2020
- Rheingold Brewery gets a sponsor that pays them more than the franchise is worth November 11, 2020
- Hal Newhouser interviewed by Harry Heilmann November 11, 2020
- Judge Roy Hofheinz leads a ceremony marking the topping point of construction on tha Astrodome November 4, 2020