September 6, 1941 – The Brooklyn Dodgers beat the New York Giants‚ 4 – 1‚ to increase their lead to 2 games. With Pee Wee Reese‚ Joe Medwick‚ and Cookie Lavagetto benched‚ Dolph Camilli (photo) hits his 30th homer to pace the attack.
At Philadelphia, Joe Morgan has four hits, steals two bases, and scores three runs to lead Houston to an 8 – 1 win over the Phils. Winning P Don Wilson knocks in two runs with a bunt double that rolls past SS Larry Bowa, who is breaking for third base.
May 8, 1971
Phillies southpaw Steve Carlton becomes the all-time National League strikeout leader when he fans Andre Dawson in the third frame of the team’s 1-0 loss in 17 innings at Montreal. Lefty, who tosses ten shutout innings and fans a dozen batters in the Olympic Stadium contest, surpasses Cardinal legend Bob Gibson with his 3,118th career strikeout, taking over the top spot in the Senior Circuit.
September 21, 1981
1953 – The New York Giants end their tour of Japan. It is reported that each player received just $331 of the $3,000 they were promised.
November 10, 1953
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Luke Appling Leads the White Sox against the Philadelphia A's July 29 1936 Full Radio BroadcastJuly 29, 1936 At Comiskey Park Future Hall of Famer Luke Appling leads the White Sox vs the Philadelphia A's.
- July 26th - Memorable Moments - Bench, DiMaggio, Ruth, Pumpsie GreenRead about these events and much more - https://thisdayinbaseball.com/this-day-in-baseball-july-26/ July 26, 1933 The 61-game hitting streak of the San Francisco Seals' 18-year-old rookie, Joe DiMaggio, is stopped by Ed Walsh, Jr. of the Oakland Oaks. Babe Ruth makes his final public appearance on July 26, 1948. Ruth visited the film premiere of "The Babe […]
- July 8, 1935 All Star Game Full BroadcastOn July 8, 1935 — The American League continues its All-Star Game reign, winning the third event, at Cleveland’s Municipal Stadium, 4 – 1. Jimmie Foxx is the hitting star with a homer and three RBI. The rule that no pitcher can throw more than three innings unless the game goes into extra innings will be instituted after Yankee Lefty Gomez pitches six outstanding innings in the Mid-Summer Classic. […]
- Sandy Koufax takes on the New York Mets June 30, 1962 At LA (partial)On June 30, 1962 With the aid of 13 strikeouts and a Frank Howard home run, Sandy Koufax no-hits Bob Miller and the Mets, 5 – 0 in Los Angeles. Sandy starts off the game by fanning the side on nine pitches in the 1st inning, the first National League pitcher to strike out the side on nine pitches since Brooklyn’s Dazzy Vance, in 1924. It […]
- Final Game at Forbes Field - Full Radio BroadcastOn June 28, 1970, the Pittsburgh Pirates play their final two games at venerable Forbes Field, which opened its doors in 1909. A crowd of over 40,000 watches the Bucs sweep the Chicago Cubs, 3-2 and 4-1. The Pirates pull even with the Mets with the twin bill sweep. Al Oliver hits the final home […]
- Bob Bailey becomes first expo to hit 2 homeruns in a game - Full Radio BroadcastJune 22, 1969, At Wrigley Field, Bob Bailey after missing still recovering from a spring training injury becomes the first Montreal Expo to hit 2 home runs in a game. Bailey took Ted Abernathy deep and Phil Regan in the 8th. Baily’s 8th inning home run gave the Expos a 6-2 lead. The Expos will […]
- Fathers Day June 21, 1964 New York Mets vs Philadelphia Phillies & Jim BunningOn June 21, 1964 On Father’s Day at Shea Stadium, Jim Bunning fans 10, drives in two runs, and pitches the first perfect game (excluding Don Larsen’s 1956 World Series effort and Harvey Haddix’s 1959 extra-inning loss) since Charlie Robertson’s on April 30, 1922. Philadelphia beats the Mets, 6 – 0. Bunning also becomes the first pitcher to win no-hitters in both leagues, and Gus Triandos becomes the first catcher to catch a no-hitter in each […]
- Juan Marichal (San Francisco Giants) vs Bob Gibson (St Louis Cardinals) June 8, 1962 Complete Radio BroadcastOn Friday night on June 8, 1962, At Busch Stadium future Hall of Famers, Juan Marichal (7-4) faces off against Bob Gibson (6-4). the Giants come in 40-17 and the Cardinals a less robust 27-24. The game features additional Hall of Famers - Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Stan Musial and Orlando Cepeda.
- 1960 06 03 New York Yankees vs Boston Red Sox Complete Radio BroadcastJune 3 1960 Boston Red Sox face New York Yankees at Yankee Stadium. Bob Turley squares off against Sox starter Jerry Casale. Hall of Famers Ted Williams, Yogi Berra and Mickey Mantle appear in today's game. The Red Sox come in 9 games under 500, the Yankees at playing dead even 500.
- Game 2 1964 Kansas City A's vs New York Yankees Full BroadcastThis podcast is brought to you by Franchising Connection. If you are in a career transition and are interested in exploring Franchising contact them: www.franchisingconnection.com May 30, 1964 At Yankee Stadium
- Luke Appling Leads the White Sox against the Philadelphia A's July 29 1936 Full Radio Broadcast July 29, 2021
- July 26th - Memorable Moments - Bench, DiMaggio, Ruth, Pumpsie Green July 26, 2021
- July 8, 1935 All Star Game Full Broadcast July 9, 2021
- Sandy Koufax takes on the New York Mets June 30, 1962 At LA (partial) June 30, 2021
- The Final Out At Forbes Field - Full Radio Call June 30, 2021
- Willie Mays becomes 4th player to hit 3 homeruns in a game twice in same season June 29, 2021
- Moonlight Graham plays in his only game June 29, 2021
- The Pirates Play Final Game at Exposition Park June 29, 2021
- Al Oliver hits the final homerun in Forbes Field History - Full Radio Call June 29, 2021
- Final Game at Forbes Field - Full Radio Broadcast June 28, 2021