On June 19, 2003 During a College World Series contest against Stanford, a pitch strikes Cal State Fullerton shortstop Justin Turner on the left side of his face as he attempts to bunt. Adding insult to injury, the future Mets infielder also suffers a broken ankle on the play when he unsuccessfully tries to avoid getting hit by the 87-mph fastball thrown by Matt Manship.
Chicago 1B Jack Doyle, harassed by a Polo Grounds fan, jumps into the stands and hits him once with his left hand, reinjuring the hand which he had broken several weeks before. The Giants’ Dummy Taylor trims Chicago’s Jack Taylor, 6 – 4.
July 1, 1901
Ending two months of negotiations, the Twins of the American League agree on a $500,000 indemnity payment to the American Association for entering the minor league’s territory in Minnesota. The settlement paves the way for the team, formerly known as the Senators, to move from Washington, D.C., and play their home games in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area.
January 9, 1961
The Devil Rays start selling individual tickets to the general public for the team’s inaugural season. The Opening Day game will sell out in 17 minutes.
December 6, 1997
The Twins set a Target Field record for runs in defeating Baltimore, 19 – 7. They stake starter Scott Diamond to an early lead with a seven-run outburst against Chris Tillman in the 1st inning, capitalizing on a costly error by 1B Mark Reynolds who lets a ground ball skip by him with the bases loaded and two outs. Justin Morneau goes 4 for 5 with 3 runs and a pair of doubles for the Twins.
July 16, 2012
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Wrigley Field 1916 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago Cubs $18.00
- Arlington Stadium 1972 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Texas Rangers $18.00