On May 19, 1968, Frank Howard’s home run streak comes to an end. The Washington Senators’ slugger had hit 10 home runs over the last six games, establishing a new major league record. “Hondo” is shut down by Detroit Tigers pitcher Earl Wilson, who defeats the Senators, 5-4.
Tommie Agee of the New York Mets hits a monster shot into the upper deck in left field making it the longest home run to reach the seats in Shea Stadium history.
April 10, 1969
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Oakland Alameda Stadium 1968 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Oakland A's $18.00
- Shea Stadium 1964 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your New York Mets $18.00