On November 22, 1961, Frank Robinson of the Cincinnati Reds is a near-unanimous selection as MVP. Robinson, who receives 219 out of a possible 224 points, becomes the first Red to win the MVP in 21 years.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
The BBWAA selects Hank Aaron as the National League’s Most Valuable Player. The Milwaukee Braves outfielder, with 239 points from the writers, narrowly edges out Stan Musial and his Cardinal former teammate, Giants infielder Red Schoendienst, who collect 230 and 221, respectively.
November 14, 1957
Willie Mays becomes the first player to win the Most Valuable Player Award in his first full year in the majors
December 16, 1954
November 18, 1987
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- The Visit - Every pitcher has lived through this one $21.50 – $29.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00