On June 28, 2007, Frank Thomas became the 21st player to reach the 500-homer mark. The big Blue Jays’ slugger belted a three-run homer in the first inning off Carlos Silva of the Twins. Thomas was later ejected from the game in the ninth inning for arguing a called third strike.
About The Author
We make your memories come to life!
Eddie Murray of the Baltimore Orioles becomes the first player in major league history to switch-hit home runs in two consecutive games
May 9, 1987
Prior to a pre-season contest in New York, (and exactly one week before Schoolboy Rowe’s official major league debut), the highly touted Tigers pitching prospect launches a batting practice bomb into the Polo Grounds’ center-field bleachers, a feat never before performed since the stadium’s 1923 reconfiguration. It will be more than 15 years—July 18, 1948, to be precise—before Rowe’s feat is finally matched in the course of a game, by Negro Leaguer Luke Easter, and roughly 20—i.e. April 29, 1953—before the first major league version, courtesy of Joe Adcock.
April 8, 1933
Mark McGwire of the St. Louis Cardinals hits his 65th home run, moving past Ted Williams and Willie McCovey
October 3, 1999
September 24, 1940
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- Seals Stadium 1959 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the San Francisco Seals $18.00
- The Chatty Catcher $21.50 – $29.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- Memorial Stadium "Legacy" 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00