On August 6, 1930 — Gene Rye becomes the first player to hit three homers in a single inning when he blasts a solo homer, a three-run shot, and a grand slam in the Waco Cubs’ 18-run eight-inning eruption in their eventual 20-7 Texas League victory over the visiting Beaumont Exporters at Katy Park. The 24 year-old diminutive southpaw-swinging outfielder, called Half Pint by his teammates, will be signed by the Red Sox, spending the first two months of next season with the team before being released when he hits just .179 in 17 games.
Rookie Terry Moore of the Cardinals goes 6 for 6 and the rest of the Cards add another 12 hits to paste the Braves, 15 – 3.
September 5, 1035
Lonnie Smith becomes the first player in baseball history to play in the World Series with four different teams when leads off for the Braves in Game 1 at the Metrodome. The DH, who scores a run in the team’s 5-2 loss to the Twins, has also appeared in the Fall Classic with the Phillies (1980), Cardinals (1982), and the Royals (1985).
October 19, 1991
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Kingdome 1977 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Seattle Mariners $18.00
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00