On May 25, 1960, George “Big Daddy” Crowe sets a major league record by hitting his 11th career pinch-hit home run. Crowe’s latest pinch homer, which comes against Don McMahon of the Milwaukee Braves, provides the winning margin in the St. Louis Cardinals’ 5-3 victory.
Johnny Frederick of the Brooklyn Dodgers sets a major league record by hitting his sixth pinch-hit home run of the season
September 12, 1932
June 26, 1983
At Fenway Park, In his first major league at-bat, Gates Brown delivers a pinch-hit home run in the Tigers’ 9-2 loss to Boston. He is the 11th player to homer in his first career atbat and the homer will be the first of 16 round-trippers the Tiger outfielder will hit coming off the bench during his 13-year career in Detroit.
June 19, 1963
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- Busch Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- 2004 Boston Red Sox World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Braves Field 1915 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Boston Braves $18.00