George Watkins of the Cardinals vs. Mickey Cochrane of the A’s in the 1931 World Series.
October 17, 1974
The Chicago White Sox lose the second game of the World Series, 4 – 2, to the Cincinnati Reds. Lefty Williams, one of eight Sox players involved in a Series-fixing scandal, walks three men in the fourth inning. After the game, he is confronted and attacked by Sox catcher Ray Schalk.
October 2, 1919
earthquake measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale forces postponement of the third game of the World Series
October 17, 1989
October 22, 1986
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Seattle Kingdome Past Home of Your Seattle Seahawks & Mariners $18.00
- Sicks Stadium 1969 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Seattle Rainers and Pilots $30.00
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- Comiskey Park 1910 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Chicago White Sox $18.00