On August 10, 1971, At Metropolitan Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota Twins slugger Harmon Killebrew becomes the 10th the 500-home run club. “Killer” hits his 500th and 501st home runs in a 5-4 loss to the Baltimore Orioles. His historic homer in the first inning off Mike Cuellar ‘Killer’s’ two round-trippers are to no avail when the Twins lose to the Orioles in 10 innings, 4-3.
August 11, 1961
Pete Rose of the Philadelphia Phillies breaks Stan Musial’s all-time National League hit record with hit No. 3,631.
August 10, 1981
July 2, 1950
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Managers do not like relief pitchers who fail $21.50 – $29.00
- Player Page Sponsorship $25.00
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- This one will have you in stitches $21.50 – $29.00