On June 21, 1975 In the opener of a doubleheader, the Angels’ Frank Tanana strikes out 17 Rangers without a walk during a 4 – 2 win. Texas cops the nitecap, 6 – 5.
About The Author
The Associated Press reports that baseball took a lot of shots in 2005 from politicians, commentators and players themselves as the sport struggled with steroids. MLB went from no drug policy in 2002 to anonymous testing in 2003, to counseling for positive tests in 2004, to a dozen 10-day suspensions this year. Starting next year, an initial positive test will result in a 50-game suspension, and players will be tested for amphetamines for the first time, with penalties for a second positive result.
December 26, 2005
Although not selected, Willie Mays appears in his last All-Star Game thanks to Commissioner Bowie Kuhn increasing the player limit so the ‘Say Hey Kid’ could participate in the Midsummer Classic. Bobby Bonds, a Giants teammate of Mays, homers and doubles in the National League’s 7-1 victory over the AL at Royals Stadium in Kansas City.
July 24, 1973
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- Anaheim Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Los Angeles Angels $18.00
- Event Page Sponsorship $10.00
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- Ebbets Field 1913 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Brooklyn Dodgers $18.00