Jim Konstanty (16-7, 2.66, 22 saves) is selected as the National League’s Most Valuable Player by the BBWAA. The 33 year-old Philadelphia reliever joins Chuck Klein as the only Phillies to have won the MVP award.
1959 – Ernie Banks wins his second National League MVP Award in a row on the strength of his 45 home runs and 143 RBI for the Chicago Cubs. Eddie Mathews finishes second.
November 4, 1959
San Francisco Giants outfielder Barry Bonds is voted the National League MVP for the third time in four years
November 9, 1993
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- MVP Ultimate Fan Package $99.00
- Dave Parker Special $13.50 – $19.00
- What Shift? hit 'em where they ain't $13.50 – $19.00
- Memorial Stadium 1954 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Baltimore Orioles $18.00