Jim Konstanty (16-7, 2.66, 22 saves) is selected as the National League’s Most Valuable Player by the BBWAA. The 33 year-old Philadelphia reliever joins Chuck Klein as the only Phillies to have won the MVP award.
1938 – National League batting champ Ernie Lombardi of the Cincinnati Reds is named the Most Valuable Player. Chicago Cubs pitcher Bill Lee is runner-up.
November 1, 1938
November 19, 1990
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15
- The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century $14.95
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- This Day In Baseball Mug
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00