On June 17, 1956, Milwaukee Braves slugger Joe Adcock becomes the only player to hit a home run onto the roof of Ebbets Field. Adcock blasts three home runs during the doubleheader sweep of the Brooklyn Dodgers. Adcock will go on to hit 13 career home runs at Ebbets Field, more than any other visiting player.
July 22, 2019
Mickey Mantle ties a major league mark by switch-hitting home runs for the second time in his career.
August 15, 1955
Hack Wilson of the Chicago Cubs becomes the first player to hit a home run that strikes the center field scoreboard at Wrigley Field.
May 23, 1927
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00
- "Then Roy Said to Mickey. . .": The Best Yankees Stories Ever Told (Best Sports Stories Ever Told) $14.10
- Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- Baseball in Altoona: From the Mountain City to the Curve $12.15