Ruth & Huggins arguing with umpire Tom Connolly – Meusel listening to the umpires’ explanation. August 1, 1920 – Ruth hit a ball overflow crowd at Comiskey Park, Shoeless Jackson said he caught the ball, the Yankees believe he’s lying. Joe would later admit he never caught it
1934 – The Yankees reach Detroit for a last-chance series and lose the opener, as veteran Al Crowder beats Lefty Gomez with a 3 – 0 shutout.
September 17, 1934
Ernie Banks, in a 6-5 Cubs’ extra-inning loss to the Cardinals, hits his fifth grand slam of the season to establish a new major league mark, previously shared with Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig, among the others who also connected four times with bases full. The Chicago infielder hits his historic four-run homer off 19 year-old flamethrower Lindy McDaniel, making his first major league first start after receiving a $50,000 bonus.
September 19, 1955
Ban Johnson and Charles Comiskey lease Sportsman’s Park for five years for an American League team. Two weeks later, they announced the Brewers, one of the league’s eight charter franchises, will be leaving Milwaukee to play in St. Louis as the Browns next season.
November 5, 1901
September 12, 1967
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Forbes Field 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Pittsburgh Pirates $18.00
- County Stadium 1970 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Milwaukee Brewers & Braves $18.00
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Oriole Park at Camdon Yards 1992 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your Baltimore Orioles $30.00
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Seals Stadium 1959 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the San Francisco Seals $18.00