On October 28, 2007, one year after battling cancer, Jon Lester starts and earns the victory in Game Four of the World Series, as the Boston Red Sox win the title. The Sox sweep the Colorado Rockies to win their second championship in four years. Mike Lowell is named Most Valuable Player of the Series.
The National Commission approves owner Charles Murphy’s payment of a $10,000 bonus to his Chicago Cubs players for their 1908 World Series triumph.
January 11, 1909
October 22, 1975
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- The Astrodome 1965 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Houston Astros $18.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Fenway Park 1912 Baseball Tee Shirt - Home of Your Boston Red Sox $18.00
- Short-Sleeve Unisex T-Shirt $33.50 – $39.50
- 1984 Bless You Boys Detroit Tigers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00