On May 7, 2012, Jordany Valdespin makes his first major league hit count, with a 9th-inning three-run pinch homer off Philadelphia’s Jonathan Papelbon to give the Mets a 5 – 2 win.
About The Author
2001 – Orlando Merced belts a two-out pinch-hit three-run homer in the top of the ninth to stun the Texas Rangers, 6-5, and take two of three in the first “Lone Star Series”. Jay Powell picks up the win after blowing the save in the previous frame.
October 19, 2019
1931 – Longtime umpire and future Hall of Famer Tom Connolly announces his retirement. Connolly, who had worked the first game in American League history in 1901, will become the supervisor of AL umpires.
June 17, 1931
The Dodgers move into first place on Roger Craig’s 2 – 0 win. Joe Pignatano and Don Zimmer hit solo home runs. A year ago on this date the Dodgers were in last place.
July 27, 1959
1948 – Amarillo (West Texas-New Mexico League) OF Bob Crues hits 2 home runs against Lubbock to give him 69 for the season, tying Joe Hauser’s 1933 mark at Minneapolis. He sets an organized baseball record with 254 RBI in 140 games, and hits a record 8 grand slams while batting .404.
September 5, 1948
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Legends of Baseball - Aaron to Ozzie
- Yankee Stadium 1923 Baseball Sweatshirt Crewneck or Hoodie - Home Of Your New York Yankees $30.00
- Tiger Stadium 1918 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Detroit Tigers $18.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- Veterans Stadium 1971 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Philadelphia Phillies $18.00
- Fulton County Stadium 1966 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your Atlanta Braves $18.00