On July 29, 2006 — Julio Franco became the oldest player ever to pinch run when he takes Carlos Delgado’s place on the basepaths after the Mets’ infielder is hit by a pitch in the fourth inning. The 47 year-old pinch-runner, who will stay in the game to play first, steals second base and will advance to third on the catcher’s error in the Mets’ 11-4 win over Atlanta at Turner Field.
1974 – Lee May stays hot. His solo shot in the second inning is the only run as Houston nips the Mets, 1-0. Don Wilson scatters seven hits in the shutout and delivers two of his own.
October 19, 2019
Christy Mathewson, hammered yesterday, is in control today, whipping Brooklyn, 5 – 1. Cy Barger takes the loss.
July 5, 1912
Wearing White Sox uniforms, the Reds are defeated by the Cubs, 7-2, at Chicago’s West Side Park. Cincinnati forgot to pack uniforms and had to don those worn by their opponents’ crosstown rivals.
April 29, 1913
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
- 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates we are family Championship remembered $31.50 – $39.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- 1988 Los Angeles Dodgers World Championship $31.50 – $39.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- Wake Up with some of the most famous bats with the lumber company mug $12.50 – $17.50
- The Dave Coverly Collection $21.50 – $29.00