On July 15, 1969, Cincinnati Reds slugger Lee May hits four home runs in a doubleheader against the Atlanta Braves. May hits two home runs and drives in five runs in each of the two games. The Reds lose the opener, 9-8, before winning the nightcap, 10-4.
The Milwaukee Brewers beat the Chicago Cubs, 14 – 8, in the longest nine-inning game in National League history: 4 hours, 22 minutes. The teams tie the major league record set in the American League by Baltimore and the Yankees on September 5, 1997.
May 11, 2000
Joe Hauser of the American Association’s Minneapolis Millers sets a professional record by hitting his 68th and 69th home runs
September 9, 1933
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- Robison Field 1893 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of Your St. Louis Cardinals $18.00
- 1984 Detroit Tiger Bless You Boys Poster $11.50 – $29.00
- National Park 1950 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Washington Nationals $18.00
- 56: Joe Dimaggio and the Last Magic Number in Sports $17.47
- Plate Create $45.00
- Shibe Park 1909 Baseball Tee Shirt - Past Home of the Philadelphia A's $18.00