On November 23, 1962, Los Angeles Dodgers shortstop Maury Wills is voted the National League’s MVP Award. Wills stole a record-breaking 104 bases during the regular season. In a controversial vote, Wills beats out teammate Tommy Davis, who led the NL with a .346 batting average and 153 RBIs…
September 15, 1966
March 27, 1897
Barry Bonds (.362, 45, 101), who is the only player to be his league’s Most Valuable Player more than three times, is named by the BBWAA for a record seventh time, including an unprecedented fourth consecutive season. The Giants’ 40 year-old left-fielder surpasses Willie Stargell as the oldest player to win the award.
November 15, 2004
Marcus Thames hits a pair of two-run home runs as Detroit beats Milwaukee, 10 – 4, in a rain-shortened game that ends with one out in the bottom of the 7th, after being delayed for more than two hours in the 4th. Zach Miner picks up the win in relief in the wild game in which video replay reviews deprive Dusty Ryan of an apparent home run in the 1st but grant one to Miguel Cabrera two innings later.
June 19, 2009
SEARCH Games, Players, Dates
Join the community
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Encyclopedia: Second Edition
- Pittsburgh’s Greatest Teams
- 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates Maz Walkoff Win $31.50 – $39.00
- Keepsake Engraved Bats $40.00
- Boston Strong! 2013 Boston Red Sox World Championship Remembered $29.50 – $38.00
- Ump's getting even $21.50 – $29.00